Compensation Analyst (Bilingual)
MONTREAL - CENTRE-VILLE
Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, Superpumper Inc. and the Ultramar Brand.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
Under the direction and leadership of the Manager, Total Rewards, the Compensation Analyst is responsible for supporting the execution of compensation programs and projects to support various lines of business. This includes involvement in ongoing planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of new and revised programs, policies and procedures tailored to the diverse operating units and geographical locations. This opportunity has flexibility to be based in Calgary, AB or Montreal, QC.
- Administer various day to day compensation programs including base salary and incentive plans, completing job evaluations (Hay method), reviewing market pricing, and advising on and approving salary adjustments. Ensure ongoing maintenance of job evaluation classification system;
Administer minimum wage increases across Canada. Make recommendations and prepare cost scenarios to assess the impact of the adjustments;
- Assist in the research, analysis, design, development, implementation, and communication of a variety of compensation programs targeting all levels of the organization;
- Manage the annual salary review process, including market research to support development of salary increase budget proposal, development of communication materials, reviewing recommendations and implementing results;
- Manage the annual bonus payout process, including development of materials, calculating payout amounts, and implementing results;
- Administer various LTIP and savings programs including liaison with third party administrators;
- Conduct competitive market research and analysis and consult with the business and HR Business Partners on compensation-related matters;
- Lead the completion of annual salary survey submissions to external providers, including job matching and related analysis. Respond to other relevant salary surveys, as required;
Monitor Ontario and Quebec pay equity and ensure ongoing maintenance; and,
Other duties and projects, as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field;
Bilingualism (French and English), both spoken and written;
3 – 5 years of experience in a compensation role;
Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular strong Excel ability;
Previous experience conducting analysis on internal and external salary statistics;
Knowledge of provincial employment standards;
Strong focus on attention to detail, ability to work autonomously;
Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization;
Experience with the Hay job evaluation methodology is an asset; and,
- Progress towards or completion of a CCP designation is an asset.
Please send your resume to [email protected]