Reporting to the Supervisor, Payroll & Benefits, the incumbent is responsible for the production of the payroll of Corporate Network employees, as well as the updating of the computer systems of Payroll and Human Resources.He/she must ensure compliance with the federal and provincial laws applying to his/her area of expertise.More specifically, the Agent, Corporate Payroll must:
- Collect, compile and verify all documents related to Payroll and to Human Resources.
- Update employees’ computerized files.
- Ensure that Employee Attendance Reports are completed and approved on a monthly basis. Check and validate any unusual information. Make adjustments to payroll, when necessary.
- Prepare documents related to termination of employment payroll.
- Update employees’ data in Sun Life’s OASIS application.
- Notify Sun Life of employee departures and retirements as concerns the Savings Plan.
- Send data to payroll supplier for generating payroll every two weeks, as per schedule.
- Validate that the changes sent reflect Payroll Journal.
- Check and compile mileage paid to employees receiving car allowance, in order to produce forms T-2200, Employment Terms and TP-64 when submitting T4 forms.
- Collect all documents required for maternity or paternity leave.
- Reconcile each payroll for completion of Payroll Journal entries and reconcile gross payroll with General Ledger system (SAP).
- Each month, compile and check Corporate Payroll Department government rebates.
- On a monthly basis and/or for each pay period, issue cheques related to the different employee and employer contributions and various deductions.
- Prepare and complete Year-End reconciliations, including forms T4, T4A, Relevé 1 and wage statements to the CSST or WCB.
- Answer all written or verbal requests for information accurately and efficiently.
- Replace CST Canada Co.’s Payroll clerks and assist them in the performance of their duties, when required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- DEC in Administration, Accounting option, combined with 5 to 7 years’ relevant experience.
- CPA membership an asset.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word software programs and proficiency in use of computer systems.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial laws related to area of expertise.
If you are interested, please
CST Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer.